SIRxpert, the clinical microbiology software solution
SIRxpert™ is an IT platform used to manage all data and results from a clinical microbiology laboratory.
Productivity and simplicity – The SIRxpert™ middleware enables you to centralise your manual results and those from your automated bacteriology systems in a single database thanks to its many interfaces.
It perfectly fits the laboratory environment with its bidirectional connection to your hospital laboratory management, administrative and medical management systems. i2a developed SIRxpert™ in full Windows client/server architecture which is internet/intranet compatible.
The ultra-customisable SIRxpert™ middleware allows you to optimize laboratory flows while helping you to meet regulatory traceability requirements and consolidate your results.
Universal open system with a dynamic AST interpretation.
Expert system – A decision support module based on official recommendations (EUCAST, CA-SFM, CLSI) is used for interpretive reading and validation of AST results. This expert system can detect antimicrobial resistance in particular.
SIRxpert Master enables each user to add their own expertise rules or edit the pre-existing ones to adapt to the specific needs of a laboratory.
SIRxpert Master is compatible with most techniques and devices.
SIRxpert AST AST READING AND EXPERTISE
- Results centralised in a single database
- Open and universal expert system for coherence checks, interpretive reading, and result configuration, with regular updates according to official recommendations and developments in bacteriology
- Internal quality control result management with follow-up
- Effective anteriority management with automatic alarms if the same germ is found on the same patient
- Open system delivered with a “ready to use” standard database that can be modified to user needs
SIRxpert MALDI – TOF MODULE
- Multi-station, multi-laboratory management of MALDI TOF mass spectrometry identification projects
- Automatic analysis of results from the automated system
- Inclusion of mass spectrometry bacterial identification in the laboratory routine
- (linking with the AST, expertise, connection with the LIMS)
- as per the latest ONERBA recommendations
- simultaneous automatic management of several duplicates criteria
- configurable definition of each of the duplicates criteria, with the notion of stay in particular
- automatic or manual marking
- Control edition, correction
Sorted list management
- definition of configurable sorted lists
(headers, general information, antibiotics, etc.)
- calculations and print-outs
(print-out, screen display, etc.)
- statistics on negative specimens (positivity rate, distribution with or without positives, etc.)
- SIR resistance statistics
- identification statistics
- diameter statistics
- MIC statistics
Management and monitoring of resistance phenotypes
- definition of resistance phenotypes
- automatic marking rules
- printing of configurable sorted lists
Multi-resistant germ monitoring
- configurable definition of multi-resistant germs
- printing of personalised letters
- printing of configurable summary sorted lists
Ratios: statistics (ecology, antimicrobial resistance (AMR), multi-resistant bacteria) converted to configurable denominators:
- number of patients/day,
- number of admissions, etc.
Automatic epidemic monitoring assistance
- User-defined rules for monitoring results
- SIRxpert issues alerts according to those rules
- Ecology, antimicrobial resistance and nosocomial infections are alerts
- Definition of alerts according to a frequency or a number, according to an increased frequency or number
- Possibility to combine the different parameters in alerts
- Access files with just one click
Module de Classification
Automatic assistance in detecting the propagation of epidemic strains
- Detection based on analysis of the strain read and those of the same type previously isolated
- Analyses from inhibition diameters read by the SIRscan
(analyses using Euclidean distances and aggregation using a mathematical method: UPGMA, single linkage, etc.)
- Real-time alarm sent to the Health Department if a particular strain starts to spread
(just a few minutes after the AST has been read)
SIH Interface Module
Used to retrieve data from the hospital information system
- Patient data, patient movements
- Automatic monitoring of patients who are carriers of multi-resistant germs
- Generation of an automatic email alert to the departments concerned when these patients are moved
Connection and two-way exchanges between SIRxpert and the LIS
- Multi-LIS connection possible
- Connection of the entire bacteriology lab bench
“Site” license with no limits to the number of workstations
Allows our software to be used on several workstations simultaneously
Possibility of installing workstations:
- in the laboratory
(lab bench, biologists’ office),
- in Clinical Departments
(consultation of analysis results and epidemiology studies, etc.),
- in Health Departments
- in pharmacies
(consultation of results, entry of prescribed antibiotics, etc.)
- in MIDs, etc.