Like all professionals in France, i2a’s operations have been subject to the “5 flows” decree since July 2016.
French decree No.2016-288 of 10 March 2016 is one of the decrees implementing the French Energy Transition for Green Growth Law.
The producers and holders of waste (businesses, retailers, public services, etc.) have a regulatory obligation to sort five waste flows at source:
- Paper and cardboard
Our activity is based on eco-friendly manufacturing processes, which keeps our overall environmental “footprints” very low (effluents, liquid, noise, etc.).
In terms of the environment, our mission is focused on four main themes:
- logistics-specific pollution (transport, packaging material recycling)
- waste processing,
- product design,
- compliance with good practices within the company.
As part of this approach, we are committed to continuously improving our environmental performance and effectively managing our main impacts on the environment.
Transport: As most of our shipping specifications include express delivery, there is little room for manoeuvre in this area.
As a result, our efforts are based on our procurement and customer delivery policies, encouraging transport grouping by setting up subscriptions.
Packaging: The goal is to respect the very different characteristics of our product lines, while at the same time:
- minimizing packaging levels (secondary and tertiary)
- using products from the recycling industry or recyclable products
Each type of waste undergoes specific processing in a specialized facility:
- Bacteriological waste,
- Waste electric and electronic equipment (WEEE),
- Cardboard and plastic packaging waste,
- Pollutant waste: printer consumables and all types of batteries,
Our automated systems are designed to have the longest possible service life.
The choices made by our R&D teams regarding our solutions and components guarantee our instruments a longer service life, even though planned obsolescence is rife in certain sectors.
The aim of the good practices we apply within the company is to reduce our impact on the environment and reduce pollution and waste by using energy efficiency measures such as:
- Automatically triggered lighting, and heating unit or air conditioning management rules,
- Going paperless: reduce the use of paper, a planned switch to paperless for the various company departments (sales, management, technical),
- Selective household waste sorting (disposable cups, food waste, etc.),
- Use of ecological cleaning products whenever possible,
- Vehicle fleet management with a commitment to regularly service and renew the fleet with less polluting or even hybrid vehicles.
Concrete sustainable development actions:
R&D AND PROCUREMENT:
- selection of sustainable IT solutions (industrial boards)
- selection of top quality mechanical processes
SPECIFICATIONS FOR OUR PREMISES:
The buildings have been designed for high energy performance.
EQUIPMENT RETURN AND DISPOSAL CONDITIONS:
In compliance with French WEEE decree No. 2014-928 of 19 August 2014 transposing the 2012/19/EU directive of 4 July 2012 relative to waste electric and electronic equipment into national law, we have set up a reprocessing system both for spare parts and for the proper disposal of equipment at the end of its service life when our customers are not able to do so.